This document is a policy that outlines Abdallah Battah Speaker Business’s approach to ensuring the health and safety of our learners, speakers and staff during the delivery of the speaking engagements. This policy is to assist in setting out Abdallah Battah Speaker Business’s commitment to health and safety while delivering speeches to attendees and to other third parties who have contact with our business.
This document shall provide:
- a statement on the general policy of health and safety of the business and what we hope to achieve through its implementation
- the responsibilities of relevant persons for specific actions to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, and
- what arrangements shall be made by the business in practical terms to ensure compliance and implementation of the policy.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business shall carry out risk assessments and other practices required of us by the Health and Safety Executive. We shall also consider creating a specific policy which deals with any risks relating to Covid-19.
The Health and Safety Policy document shall be completed with all the relevant information. There is no legal requirement for it to be signed, however, it shall be useful to do so to illustrate our endorsement of the policy document. It shall be the duty of Abdallah Battah Speaker Business management to ensure that all aims, responsibilities and arrangements contained within the Health and Safety Document are carried out.
This policy shall also be made accessible so that it can be accessed at any time by our employees, delegates and third-party people who have contact with our business. This policy shall be provided to our staff alongside their Contract of Employment.
Our delegates shall be taken through health and safety issues at the beginning of each session, during introductions.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business shall review its policy at least annually. Where the policy is revised or altered, these revisions and alterations shall be communicated effectively to employees at the earliest opportunity.
Centre for Environment and Development’s Health and Safety Policy
Centre for Environment and Development International (Abdallah Battah Speaker Business) consider the Health and Safety of all employees, trainees, and customers to be of primary importance to the well-being of the business, and it is our continuing aim to make our company a safe and healthy place in which to work and be trained.
To achieve this, we at Abdallah Battah Speaker Business commit to an active Health & Safety policy designed to achieve: –
- A safe and healthy environment for all employees and trainees.
- The prevention of accidents involving personal injury and occupational-related diseases.
- The prevention of incidents causing plant damage, dangerous occurrences etc.
- The facilitation and implementation of statutory and other requirements to achieve good practices recognised by the industry.
- Reducing Hazards and Risks
- The control of learners, trainers and visitors in our training facilities and offices.
As Director of Abdallah Battah Speaker Business, it is my duty to ensure that staff, Board Members, and I take ownership of health and safety matters and that the company provides safe systems of work, training and a clean and healthy working environment within our sphere of business.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business shall set annual objectives and targets against which the company’s performance shall be monitored and evaluated. This shall be done in accordance with our commitment to preventing injury and ill health to employees, learners, trainers and others affected by our day-to-day operations.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business commits to striving for continual improvement of the Health and Safety Management System.
We will provide effective facilities for consultation between management and employee representatives. All employees and trainees can address safety problems and health-related matters with the programme director for company matters.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business recognises the need to conduct business in a manner that is in line with current legislation and codes of practice. We will ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place to comply with all legislative duties and any other requirements.
Equally, it is the duty of each employee to assist the organisation in the attainment of its Health and Safety objectives. Our company expects employees to take reasonable care of their own health, safety, and welfare and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
To ensure commitment to this Policy, all employees shall sign a declaration to confirm they have received a copy of, have access to updates, and have read & understood the policy.
Abdallah Battah Speaker Business’s current health and safety objectives are:
- Maintain ISO45001 Accreditation
- Regular review of resources to be used during training service delivery, Board meetings and other activities within our premises and training venues.
- Maintain Covid Security
- Refresh Staff Induction training during all-staff meetings
- Have a First Aid Kit that is fully equipped all the time.
- Ensure all firefighting equipment is accessible.
- Ensure staff, trainers and learners are aware of the location of Fire Assembly Points
- Ensure that staff have knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
We will promote this policy by:
- Discussing this Policy with all staff, learners, and trainers during the induction process.
- Ensuring it is readily accessible via our website
- Displaying the Policy on common room notice boards.
- Communicating all changes/ updates to the policy via email
Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (SI 1999/3242)
Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/1471)
The Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1977 (SI 1977/500)
The Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996 (SI 1996/1513)
Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 (SI 1981/917)
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (SI 2002/2677)
Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2966)
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2793)
Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2792)
The Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
Prepared and signed by: COLLEAGUE NAME (Director – Abdallah Battah Speaker Business)