IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
The Platform is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children under such age.
We are a professional training service teaching business professionals leadership, management and business skills.
We are the controller and are responsible for your personal data.
Full name of legal entity: The “Example Abdallah Battah Speaker Business”
Email address: hello@Abdallahbattah.com
Postal address: 41 Seaview Business Village, Navigation Way, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 2YP.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
As further detailed in the table below in the section headed “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA”, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, learner registration number, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, postal address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses and your interactions with our online learning tools, including certification bookings and assessments.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Platform, products and services – such as the products and/or services you searched for and viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect personal data that includes “Sensitive Data” (also known as “Special Category Data”).
For verification purposes, we reserve the right at any time to request additional information (including but not limited to the kinds of personal data listed above) from you to help confirm your identity.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data (in those categories listed above) by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for and/or purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our Platform;
- subscribe to our service or publications/communications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- use any other websites we operate or other services we provide;
- give us feedback or contact us.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, such as:
- analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, sub-contractors and providers of technical, payment, delivery, back-up and data storage services, credit reference agencies, data brokers or aggregators;
- if you are a learner: learning centres, training providers or your employer when they register to receive products and/or services from us;
- third parties to whom you have provided personal information that you have elected to transfer to us; and
- publicly available sources, such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based within the UK.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights, do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
To find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data, please see the Glossary below.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. Where we do rely on consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.